Greetings from the Principal!
St. Mary's college strives hard to empower women through formal and non-formal education, to bring to light the best in every person for her self- development and consequently for the betterment of the society at large. Education empowers women to overcome the challenges, raises their status in family and society and strengthens them to act as agents of social change. The pursuit of our institution is to channelize fruitfully the potentials of the young generation and help them experience a gratifying growth in their personality and career. Harmony is the theme for this academic year 2018-2019.
Harmony promotes positive interactions and experiences, with diverse peers, breaking all the differences and barriers, and enables one to work in peace, for the growth and development of the student community. Harmony culture, the basic need in any organization, leads to increased self awareness, develops relationships, enhances team work, sustains quality and steers the institution towards excellence.
Let us therefore explore the possibilities of enriching life, embarking on a personal discovery of the soul and uncover the magnificent potential within us. Let's work in harmony to make our college proud. May the blessings of God Almighty and the guidance of Mother Mary, lead us to fullness of life.
In Harmony, we find peace.
In peace, we find bliss.
In bliss, we find fulfillment.
I wish everyone in the college, a peaceful, meaningful, productive year of Harmony!
- Principal of the College (June 2018 onwards)
- Vice Principal of the college (1997- 2000)
- Secretary of the college (2008- 2009, 2012- 2015)
- Head of the Department of Physics (2017- 2018)
- Member, Academic Council
- Member, College Council
- Member, Governing body
- Member, Union Staff Advisory Committee
- Member, IQAC
- NSS Programme Officer
- Hostel warden
Awards Received & Achievements
- BEST POSTER PRESENTATION AWARD in the XVI National Seminar On Crystal Growth conducted at Department of Physics, Aditanar College of Arts and Science, Tiruchendur from 19th to 21st January, 2012.
- BEST ORAL PRESENTATION AWARD in the UGC sponsored National Conference on Recent Trends in Crystal Growth and Nanotechnology conducted at Department of Physics, Arignar Anna College, Aralvoymoli on 28th and 29th January, 2011.